September 16, 2011

applique with HeatNBond . . .

A good friend is about to have her third babe, and had asked me to look into getting a good deal on a bunch of cloth diapers for her (I've cloth diapered my little guy since he was a newborn due to allergic reactions and eczema, and it's gone really well - and saved us a lot of money).  So, I found everything she needed to cloth diaper full time, and a couple of her sisters and friends split the cost with me.  We then surprised her with a mini-shower the other night so she would have everything before the babe arrives.  We did the usual baby shower games, and finished off with a 'make a onesie' craft.

Supplies needed was a package of HeatNBond Ultra Hold, a bunch of fabric scraps, and an iron & ironing board.  For the onesies, I just went through my newborn box and picked out a bunch.  We had a lot of fun creating, and most of the designs have to do with her husband's hobby of gaming and his sense of humour.

I think I'm going to dig out some of my daughters stained t-shirts and try this on them too.

8 comments:

Alisa said... #

They are cute! Will they stay on if you don't stitch around them?

Rebecca said... #

@Alisa ~ this is what the packaging says:
This iron-on adhesive is the crafters choice over traditional fusible webs. It has a no-sew bond that is 3 times stronger than other webs.
Edges do not need to be sealed and materials can be machine washed.

Paulette said... #

Those are so cute! The sock monkey on the green background is my favorite!

Anonymous said... #

What a great idea! Do you have to sew them after? How does it hold up in the wash?

Unknown said... #

What a cute collection, and a fun group craft activity! The mum-to-be must have been so happy.

Sue Daurio said... #

what a great idea with the onsie!! I think I just might try that at my daughters showers

Sarah Craig said... #

Awesome idea for a shower activity! My daughter is pregnant, so I may have to give it a whirl myself!! Cute shirts, too - whoop whoop!!

Sara said... #

I always say I am going to do up some of those shirts and never get around to it! Yours looks precious!