September 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday . . .

Justin's quilt for his new 'big boy' bed is coming along nicely.  I intentionally wanted this to be a wonky quilt, and as I was laying out all the blocks on the floor yesterday, my four-year old comes up beside me and looks, turns her head and looks again, and exclaims "Mom, that looks ridiculous!" ~ she didn't believe me that it's supposed to look like that.


The blocks and sashing are all together, I just want to add a scrappy border to make it a bit bigger before I quilt it.  I tried it on the little guys bed to see how big it is so far, and can't wait to see it finished and on there all the time.  And I'm happy to report that the crib is packed up now, because the crib/bed transition went WAY easier than it ever did with my girls.

14 comments:

Jane said... #

I think it's gonna be a great quilt! I love the colors. Perfect for a little guy!

Tanya said... #

Yay for big boy beds! That is a lovely quilt, and it is not at all ridiculous. :)

Toni said... #

Looks great so far! Kids are funny, aren't they?

Melinda said... #

I love that she said it looks ridiculous! Too funny! It's great!

The Thompsons said... #

Oh my gosh- that quilt is adorable!! Kids crack me up. No filter- totally honest- and totally funny.

Stephanie said... #

That is AWESOME. Good job!!!

Go-Go Kim said... #

Kids are so funny! It looks so fun and perfectly wonky. I love it!

Alisa said... #

It looks great Rebecca! Some of my kids would have a hard time with wonky too. :-)

Margaret Aikema said... #

I really like it Becca!

**nicke... said... #

"that looks ridiculous" that totally cracked me up. it is absolutely something my little one would say. i for one do not agree with her. i think it looks fabulous!

JustPam said... #

I just love this quilt. I am really liking the wonky type blocks. Great job.

Shabby Marilyn said... #

great quilt love it, new follower!
found you @ Blue Cricket Design

Anonymous said... #

Oh my gosh! That is gorgeous!!

Leanne said... #

Your quilt is very cute, that fabric is so fun.