June 10, 2011

Messenger bag . . .

Inbetween playing with my new GO! dies, I made this little messenger bag this week. I roughly used this tutorial which had a lot of good tips and made figuring out the measurements easy, but I left the strap as one piece.
The fabrics were part of a very generous envelope stuffed full of scraps and larger pieces from Sew Fresh Fabrics. The main print is from the Red Letter Day by Lizzy House, and the lining is a cotton/linen blend.
My girls LOVE this bag and I think it's the perfect overnight size or for packing all their stuff to entertain themselves on a long car ride to camping. And it was so quick to make, I think I could be persuaded to make some more for them . . .

6 comments:

Carol said... #

Love the fabric. Great job. Whoop whoop.

Sue Daurio said... #

Love the bag!!

Sue said... #

Great fabric! Love all the simple ideas you come up with. :)

Brita said... #

Whoop Whoop! Doesn't it feel good when someone really loves what you've made?! Congrats, it's really pretty.

Sarah Craig said... #

What a pretty little bag! You did a great job - whoop whoop!!!

Katherine said... #

Hannah loves her bag like that she uses it for church at the moment :)