June 08, 2011

Accuquilt 5 1/4" Rag Die review . . .

A little while ago I won a GO! Baby Fabric Cutter from Accuquilt on their Facebook Friday Fun. I was so excited!! Then a couple days later, I received an email saying I'd been selected for their blogger program! Now I was squealing and jumping up and down! This machine has been tempting me all over the internet with the promises of faster and more accurate cuts, and all the great dies to choose from. Well, let me tell you ~ I am totally impressed! The GO! Baby is so easy to use!
The first die that I tried out was the 5 1/4" rag square. I was able to cut two layers of flannel at a time, and quickly had all my blocks cut out. Now, the amazing thing about this die is that it does all those little cuts for you!!
And a rag quilt is such a fun and quick quilt to make, but the cutting process can be long and painful. I have spent days with aching finger joints after snipping a rag quilt before. And after washing my new finished rag quilt just once, the ragging looks beautiful! This will be my 'go-to' die for quick quilts from now on ~ it makes such a cozy quilt, and uses up my flannel and batting scraps!
I received 5 more dies from Accuquilt, and I'll be posting about those over the next couple weeks!

6 comments:

Alisa said... #

Oh that looks so fun! I'm glad it worked out well for you.

N. Perez said... #

That is an amazing quilt but would only dare make it if I had your fabric cutter. I'm tuned in waiting for your following projects. Now, that's something that must be written down on my long wish list.

Carol said... #

How fun. Love the colors. Whoop whoop!

Sarah Craig said... #

Very nice! I'm glad you had a good experience with this die - I had heard others who didn't like it as well, but maybe they were cutting more layers. Pretty quilt - whoop whoop!!!

Shannon said... #

LOVE it. I remember with the one rag quilt that I made.....taking hours to do those little cuts. ARG! Sew On!

suzie said... #

I have seen that die on the Accuquilt site but didn't understand how it worked. Thank-you for showing it. It would be a fantastic time saver.