June 15, 2011

WIP with the Accuquilt Drunkard's Path die . . .

On Friday, I spent some time at my kitchen island with my GO! Baby while the kids played around me. One of the quilts I cut out is going to be a family picnic quilt using the Accuquilt Drunkard's Path die. This is one of those patterns that I admire, but thought that I would never attempt to make ~ the cutting of all these little pieces and sewing curves can be pretty intimidating. But when you use the Accuquilt GO, the cutting is done in no time at all, and it even cuts a little notch in the center of both curves so you know exactly where to match them up.
The sewing of the curves takes some patience and the knee-lift on my machine is coming in handy as I adjust the bulk to make a smooth seam, but the finished up blocks are turning out great. I'm making 36 drunkard's path blocks all together that are 7" finished each. That's 8 little pieces of fabric for every 7" squared, 7 seams per block, 252 seams all together, plus assembling them, plus sashing, plus borders . . . but that's the beauty of creating a quilt, right?

6 comments:

Alisa said... #

It's looking good, Rebecca!

sydthewyd said... #

Wow.. even with the tool I'm still impressed! I can't imagine all the fiddly sewing that must take.

Lynette said... #

Lovely drunks you have there!

Jerimi said... #

How fun! I've been thinking hard about picking up an Accuquilt. Do you like it?

Kate S. said... #

Fun! I have been working on a drunkard's path quilt too, love this pattern :)

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said... #

this is a great use for the cutting machine. Looking good!