October 29, 2014

sewing up some quick baby gifts...

There were three sweet babes in our congregation in need of a baby shower this week, one of them being a new nephew for me. So instead of shopping, I dug through my fabric stash and used up some scraps and flannels to make a receiving blanket, some burp cloths, and soother straps.


I used this tutorial to make the receiving blanket with a self-binding edge...


and the soother straps are a mix of a couple different styles, the ones with the piece of elastic are for soothers that don't have handles.


Now back to some quilting projects on my machine. And I'll be back on Friday with a sponsored giveaway from the Fat Quarter Shop - check back then!

2 comments:

Kate said... #

Such lovely gifts!

Unknown said... #

My own kids are now 18 and 20 years old but I've never heard of a soother strap. I can't understand what that might be. Can you please explain how a new mom might use that?

logcabinquiltsATgmailDOTcom