October 16, 2014

Christmas is Coming . . .

Fall has been a blur so far for me this year, so in order to feel like I'm on top of something in my life, I've started some Christmas sewing. The lovely people over at Fabri-Quilt sent me some of their Season's Greetings prints to play with. The prints and quality of these fabrics were fantastic to work with, and I have a couple table topper tutorials to share.


First up, is a longer table runner - perfect for showing off the large ornament print and reindeer prints in this collection.


To see the full tutorial, just hop over to the Fabri-Quilt blog.


And here is a matching coffee table runner that I sewed up with some of the leftover scraps and another print from this collection. It was the perfect mini to practice some free-motion swirls for quilting.


I'll be back on their blog next week with a tutorial for a quilt topper perfect for a round kitchen table, and check back here for a fat quarter bundle giveaway of these lovely prints to go with it!



6 comments:

OhioLori said... #

Love your runners!! Quilting is Awesome too! Thanks for the tutorial on Inspired by Fabric! :)

Vicki H said... #

I like your quilting swirls. I haven't tried them yet. Nice tutorial on Inspired by Fabric blog.

Kate said... #

Love those runners!!

VickiT said... #

Beautiful table runner. Great fabrics in your runner too. Great job.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said... #

So very pretty! I always mean to make table runners, but they keep growing until they are queen-sized quilts! Gotta stop that!

yorkie mom said... #

Beautiful! Would love to make some Christmas stockings with the fabric.