July 07, 2014

Auditioning for Sewvivor


The Family Ever After blog just opened up auditions for Sewvivor 3, the Quilting Edition. I've decided to link up these pillow covers I made as my entry.  Although I've done a lot of full-size quilts over the years, I consider these covers all one project; because just like a quilt is made up of different blocks, these are blocks that all go together (and I made sure to check with the contest host, and she said they qualify as one entry).


The fabrics are from Moda Daydreams, left over from this wall hanging that hangs in my front entry. The diamond cover has strips ranging from 1/2" to 1 3/4". The design is various width strips echoing a center diamond.



The squares in the rectangle cover are 2" squares with 1" sashing.



The 'Inspire' pillow is done with a panel, borders, and small squares for the outer scrappy border.


The quilting in these covers is a mix of straight-lines echoing seams, and there is some stippling in borders as well as the main panel of the Inspire pillow.  These covers were made by my own design.

6 comments:

Linda said... #

Love your quilted pillows! Good luck on your entry...Happy Monday!!

Caffeinated Cotton said... #

These are really nice. Good luck

Unknown said... #

i love the design of these pillows.
the colors look fantastic as well.
best of luck to you in the audition round!

QuarterMileQuilts said... #

Great work on the piecing of these covers! I think my favorite one is the diamond :) Best, Kate

Cassie said... #

I love seeing original designs! Such talent. These are gorgeous covers. Best of luck!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said... #

Whoop whoop! First Sewvivor entry!! I'm so glad you entered! I love seeing projects like yours that have meaning behind them too. These are gorgeous!! Thanks for entering. :)