April 07, 2014

2 years with the JOY circle...


An anniversary of sorts passed for me last month - I have now completed 2 years of making blocks and quilting for the Joy circle of Do Good Stitches.  Each month we make one or two blocks for the host quilter, and mail them out.  Then the quilter adds the batting and backing, quilts it and binds it, and donates it to a worthy cause. The quilters in our group make two per year, and so far I have donated three quilts to the cancer center at our local hospital.

I just finished piecing the top for a fourth quilt, and this month I am about to start receiving blocks in the mail for my fifth quilt.


I have really enjoyed being a part of this quilting bee, and hope to continue for as long as I am able.  It's fun trying out new blocks and techniques on a small scale each month, and receiving all the wonderful blocks that have been made with my vision when it's my turn.


For anyone that is interested in joining a circle, you can fill out the form here.

7 comments:

Unknown said... #

Your quilts are beautiful and the story is so wonderfully inspiring. Thanks for sharing both.

Anonymous said... #

Your quilts are gorgeous! Love the 4th one. Can you please share the name of the blocks please :). Thank you :).

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said... #

That's great! Congrats on your anniversary, what a wonderful cause.

Suze said... #

Congrats on your anniversary. Thank you for donating to the cancer unit at your hospital. I am a breast cancer survivor. I belong to a quilt guild that makes quilts for needy babies and toddlers. We also make quilts to gives to new residents in their Habitat for Humanity homes. I knit a few chemo caps and preemie caps (two of my grandsons were preemies). One of my greatest joys is giving to others. May you be richly blessed for all you do for others.

PaintedThread said... #

I love those blocks! Such a pretty quilt.

Anonymous said... #

I love this idea. You've inspired me to check into it!

Connie Kresin Campbell said... #

Beautiful quilts and you are very inspiring!! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday