September 30, 2013

a new raincoat . . .

Last week I found a few hours to sew up a new raincoat for my oldest daughter. The pattern is called the Starboard Jacket from the Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop.  It was really easy to follow, and the jacket came together quickly.


The outer fabric I used is a laminate from Wholeport.com (and it is on sale in their shop right now). I love the feel and drape of this fabric.  For the trim, I used a second laminate from their shop and found it a bit heavier-weight (good thing I had a denim needle on hand).  The inside of the jacket is a jersey knit from my local fabric store - my daughter loves the feel of it.


I am hoping to make another one of these jackets for my little man - he is just about outgrown his and the rain has been pouring down in our area lately.


2 comments:

Alisa said... #

The jacket looks GREAT! And probably pretty comfy with the knit inside.

Jessica said... #

That is such a cute jacket! I've been a little intimidated by jackets, so I haven't sewn any for my little ones yet. This one looks so awesome that I might have to tackle one soon!