August 22, 2013

Joining the Sew-Along hosted by Scientific Seamstress . . .


A couple weeks ago, I finished the Marissa Dress from Sisboom Patterns.  This week, the Scientific Seamstress is hosting another sew-along for her Emily & Shana patterns.  This means that you can scoop up one of these patterns for only $5 right now, get lots of step-by-step instructions on the Scientific Seamstress blog, and join the private Facebook group to see each other's progress and cheer each other along.


I've got my fabric selected from my stash, the pattern printed, and my paper pieces cut out.  I'll be making a size 6 Emily for my little girl, with the larger print for my main fabric and the small brown print for the collar.  I haven't decided on length of sleeves yet, I'm looking forward to seeing the different options in the sew-along.  Since my daughter loves wearing longer tops with leggings, this will be a great back-to-school outfit for her.