July 26, 2013

the quickest sundress ever . . .

I wanted to make a new sundress for my oldest daughter, and after she rejected just about every fabric in our local fabric store, she saw a dress on the wall and pointed.  The fabric comes pre-shirred on the top half, and loose on the bottom.


All you have to do is sew the center back seam and finish it off with a zig-zag stitch or a serger . . .


Hem the bottom . . .


And you can leave it like that for a strapless dress - but for fear of her little brother tugging at her in church, I told her she needed to have straps added . . .


Pretty sure this is the quickest dress I have ever sewn up.



So not exactly what I had in mind when we went fabric shopping, but she loves it.  And now I can get back to finishing up a dress that I have been sewing for myself (which is coming together nicely, but not anywhere close to this quickly).



8 comments:

Linda Crosby said... #

Such a sweet dress for a little cutie!!

MaterialGirlQuilts said... #

Very cute dress, and model! ;-)

Qltr89 said... #

Thank you for sharing! I am picky about my dresses too. I will have to check out that fabric. Maybe I can make one for myself. Just curious, is it 100% cotton?

Quilts And Pieces said... #

Ohh, but this is so cute!

Gweny said... #

this fabric goes in and out of style.. I remember making myself one in the early 80's. Its so cute and adorable little girl you have ..

JHNickodemus said... #

Darling! Your daughter looks pretty pleased too!

Unknown said... #

She is beautiful, and so is that dress!

Lori said... #

Hey- I made one of those too for my daughter this summer. Love it.