April 15, 2013

finished Orbit quilt . . .


It has been Spring cleaning and organizing mode in our house lately, and so while I've been accomplishing a lot, I don't have much to show for it.  My Orbit quilt did get finished this past weekend though, complete with a machine quilted label (something I don't do near often enough).


The fabric is a mix of blue and yellow fat quarters that I had accumulated.  The backing fabric is from Wholeport.com (they have a bunch of 60" wide cottons, perfect for quilt backings!).


This quilt is being given to my Mom, simply because I've never made her one yet.  Looking forward to surprising her at my parents' office today with it.  And while I'm there I'll be wishing my Dad a happy 60th birthday :)


12 comments:

jan said... #

I am sure your mom and dad will both be surprised! Beautiful job! Love the label!

Dee said... #

Happy Birthday tp your dad and what an awesome gift for your mom! You have such a sweet heart! Beautiful quilt!

Rachael said... #

lovely!! :)

rachael

Unknown said... #

Sue said,
The quilt looks fantastic! :)

Heather D. said... #

Very very nice Rebecca. Your Mom will love it.

Thanks for the link for the wide quilt back fabric too. I don't like to piece backs so I appreciate finding more options for backing fabric.

Chocolate Dipped Quilts said... #

Very cute! I especially like the label for your mom.

Britt G. said... #

Lovely quilt and such a nice thing to do - to give a quilt just because!

Renee said... #

Great quilt! I love the backing, thanks for sharing the source!

Anonymous said... #

That backing fabric is very pretty! Great finish!

Alisa said... #

Great job, Rebecca! She'll love it.

Unknown said... #

I love your quilt-- my favorite part is the label:)

MOM said... #

Hi Rebecca,

Thank-you so much for the beautiful Quilt!!! I'm so thankful that you took the time to sign it!!! I will teasure it always and know that it was stitched and bound with love!
We sure were surprised when you showed up at the office on Dad's Birthday with 60 Helium BALLOONS of all shapes and sizes and greetings!!!! They sure made our office look special as people came in to greet DAD (bug him about turning 60) I spent the day serving birthday cake!!!

Thanks again for all you do!!!
Love MOM