January 30, 2013

Quilt Retreat Wrap-Up

Well, I am decompressing a little bit this week.  Our annual quilt retreat this past Saturday kept me busy last week and I'm happy to say that the event was very successful.  Here is what our finished goodie bags looked like, all stuffed with the generous donations from our sponsors (fabric for the goodie bags is from WholePort - prints are here and here).


We also gave away some gift certificates for doorprizes from Pink Chalk Fabrics and Fabric.com.  We were served all sorts of yummy food prepared by our wonderful chef for the day.  And we played some games with charm squares and a basketball game involving fat quarters.  So there were lots of fun and laughs in the midst of all our hard work on our projects.


I got one quilt top cut out and completely pieced (but I can't show it yet because it's for the design ring for Fabri-Quilt), and my Poetica Starburst Quilt is now completely cut out and started.


I'm already looking forward to next year :)


6 comments:

Melanie said... #

So glad you had a good time at your retreat! I'm going to my guild's spring retreat this year;it will be my first time. I can't wait!

Your quilt is off to a beautiful start!

Dee said... #

What fun you all must have had! Your colors are amazing!

Linda in Calif. said... #

Lovely fabrics. They will make a beautiful quilt. The retreat sounds great. (And the food looks yummy too)

Shauna said... #

Beautiful fabrics. I, too, just went to a retreat. What fun!

Anonymous said... #

Hello there! I just want to offer you a big thumbs up for your great
info you have here on this post. I will be returning to your blog for more soon.
My webpage ... stjohnchangelives.net

Anna said... #

Love the goody bags! I wish we had days like that near me!