January 11, 2013

Multi-Tasker Bag . . .


Awhile back, I won a signed copy of Kay Whitt's book Sew Serendipity Bags.  One of the patterns in the more challenging section is called the Multi-Tasker Bag, and it also comes with variations to make it as a diaper bag.


So, since my sister-in-law is one of my biggest encouragers when it comes to my sewing and this blog (and I've never made her a bag - shame on me!), and she was just blessed with a new babe, I thought I'd give this pattern a try.  It got parceled up along with a couple other handmade items for her little ones, and shipped across the country to her last week.


It was definitely a more time-consuming pattern, but I loved making it.  All the steps and pieces came together so well, and the pattern is extremely well written.  There is a lot of interfacing and fusible fleece, plus some hardware, an inset zipper, and adjustable strap.  The finished bag is really sturdy and has lots of exterior and interior pockets.


The fabric I used is mostly from an Andover line called French Twist by Lonni Rossi.  I love the colors and prints, and hope to get my hands on some more of it.  And it comes in a purple colorway too, my favourite color :)


11 comments:

Anonymous said... #

It's gorgeous...and will be an awesome diaper bag!

pcflamingo said... #

WOW! That is really stunning! Functional and totally beautiful.

Lynette said... #

Whoop! Whoop! :) That's a beautiful bag. Nice and sophisticated and practical!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said... #

This is lovely! And it doesn't scream "diaper bag!" Beautiful fabric choices!

Alisa said... #

That is one super diaper bag! She'll love it!

Linda said... #

Great job!Love that fabric!!

Emily said... #

That's an awesome bag!

legato1958 said... #

Beautiful fabrics for a sophisticated diaper bag! Looks so challenging for your first bag construction! Well done!

Susie

legato1958 said... #

Oops, I read your blog again, and saw that you hadn"t made your sis-in-law a bag yet... so you made up for it with this one! :)

Susie

Unknown said... #

That is a well conceived and executed bag.

Sarah Craig said... #

Beautiful bag, Rebecca! You did a fabulous job with it! Whoop whoop!!