November 09, 2012

quilted teapot cozies . . .

The Intrepid Thread sent me a stack of fat quarters from The Ladies Stitching Club line.  This line seemed perfect for some teapot cozies, so this week I tried a couple different styles.  I was trying to go for something less traditional, and I wanted the pieces to be quilted.


The first pot is a smaller one, and I used a wrap-around cuff style with matching trivet.  I love the dense quilting on this one, and had fun picking out a couple snaps to coordinate with it.





The second pot is a more traditional one, but I changed up the style of the ties, and did little belt loops instead of a casing.  The bottom is also a little more boxy than most teapot cozies, but I wanted to avoid gathering the top fabric to a circular bottom, because that would've been pretty tough with pre-quilted pieces.  This teapot cozy will be featured in an upcoming newsletter from The Intrepid Thread - if you'd like to receive it, you can sign up here.




12 comments:

Alisa said... #

I like them both, Rebecca!

Ashley said... #

Those turned out really cute! Perfect timing for this chilly weather :)

Ellie Q said... #

Cute! I especially like the first one--both the design and the fabric!

Emily said... #

Cute! I have a tea pot cover I've made but it hides the whole thing. I like how yours give the teapot a 'hug'.

Jacque T said... #

OMG!! These Cozies are absolutely awesome!! Your style is right up mine!! You did a great job!! Love them!

joyce said... #

Very cute

Donna Joy said... #

Absolutely must make me some of those tea cozy's.
Now to find some patterns.

Karen H said... #

Both of them turned out great - what wonderful ideas, and so pretty!

Michelle C said... #

Looking at your teapot cozies satisfies me enough to be able to procrastinate making my own! I've been needing one for a while, but can never settle on a design. I'll just be happy with yours and let my own imagination take off. Perhaps by Valentine's Day I'll have my own teapot cozy. Yours are lovely.

Pomegranate Quilts said... #

Those are great! And that 2nd teapot looks like a Denby to me... makes me all nostalgic :)

VickiT said... #

Oh those are both great. I like both of them. I can't wait for the newsletter even more now to see more of them. Thank you for the heads up.

Unknown said... #

Can't wait for the IT newsletter. A friend hinted that she wanted a tea cozy for Christmas. I was looking to crochet one, but your quilted one is really cute! Thanks! Timing is purrrrrfect...