September 10, 2012

a quilt finish . . .

This quilt top had been sitting in my unfinished pile for awhile.  But a close friend of mine is getting married in a couple weeks, and was having a bridal shower last week.  The theme for the shower was 'around-the-clock' and the time I received was 9pm - so since that's the time of day where I curl up on the couch to watch a show or read a book, a quilt is what came to mind.  And after seeing their beach-front condo recently, I thought the colors and feel of this quilt would suit them.

The fabrics are an assortment of bright fat quarters that were picked up here and there, and the cutting was mostly done with the drunkard's path die from my Accuquilt GO! Baby.

The quilting is just an all-over stippling, and the backing is pieced from two coordinating prints.

Linking up to Manic Monday and Fabric Tuesday.

9 comments:

beaquilter said... #

lovely! I'm so jealous of the die... wait I have the large die...hmmm

Angel said... #

I absolutely LOVE this!! Ideas ideas!

Alisa said... #

It turned out really good, Rebecca! The gray really toned down the bright prints and it does have a beachy feel. (I was envisioning a really, really bright quilt.)

Kerstin said... #

What a nice gift, I'm sure they'll love it!

Snoodles said... #

Gorgeous! Love how those brights look with the gray!

Sue said... #

Love it! :)

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said... #

What a modern take on Drunkard's Path - it's terrific!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said... #

Beautiful quilt! I really love the fabric choices, isn't that fun to match the different fabrics from here and there? :) The pattern is awesome, just made a block with it yesterday and let me say it... love the look, but I won't be making tons of these quilts... :)

Dawn said... #

It turned out very lovely. Great fabric choices!