June 04, 2012

Siblings Together quilt top done . . .



Awhile back, I saw a post on Katy's blog generously offering free fabrics for quilters wanting to make quilts for Siblings Together.  By the time I commented, all the bundles were spoken for - but Katy hooked he up with Mary Ann who sent me a half yard bundle of Peak Hour fabric by Riley Blake.  I mixed in a couple fat quarters  of Dimples that I won in the Andover Schoolhouse Sweepstakes, and used the All About Me quilt pattern by Atkinson Designs that I won on the Alderwood Quilts blog a couple weeks ago.  Now I just have to pick up some batting this week, and piece together a backing.  I hope to get this sent off by next week to the Siblings Together project.


Linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.

14 comments:

Alisa said... #

It's so cute! I love that text print.

Migdalia said... #

Awesome!!!Love the orange & green...My favorite colors!TFS

Linda said... #

That came out adorable!! What a wonderful gift it will make!!

Leslie said... #

this is so great. i love the frames around the blocks!!! fun fabric too!

Jennifer Salter said... #

ITs adorable! I find it so hard to come up with quilts for boys! So many girly fabrics and patterns out there its great to see something I can use as "boy inspiration"

Catherine said... #

It looks fantastic, well done on your hard work!

Ashley said... #

It turned out really cute!

Gra said... #

Beautiful quilt!!

Kiza said... #

Oh, it's fabulous! Sure to be loved. :)

Carolyn said... #

Such a fun quilt. I am loving the fabrics, too!

Dawn said... #

It turned out adorable!

Jeanette said... #

I love the vibrant colors of this line of fabric, your pattern is wonderful- congratulations on all the stuff you won-maybe you need to buy a lottery ticket!

Amanda said... #

That's a perfect quilt for a boy! I'm sure he will treasure it.

Katy Cameron said... #

Fun, and love the colours :o)