May 19, 2012

Spring cleaning and Potty Training . . .

These are two tasks that have consumed a lot of my time lately.  This also means that I've been pulling out the cleaning products a bit more lately, and one product that I was sent to review by Lysol is their new Fabric Mist.  It eliminates tough odours, and kills 99.9% of bacteria on fabrics.

So it seems that the snow is gone for good, so I have been packing up all the Winter clothes, boots, and jackets and turning over all the clothes in the closets to Spring and Summer clothes.  Giving a quick spray in the kids boots before packing them away is going to make my task a little nicer next Fall.


My little guy is also in the midst of potty-training.  We've had many accidents on the carpet - which means that the spray has come in super handy.  So we've switched from underwear to pull-ups and now he's regressing a bit.  Did I mention that I hate potty-training?  I've always thought that the person that invents a potty-training day-camp where they potty train my kid in under a week - would become a millionaire.  I just don't seem to possess the skills.

We've also just survived another change of seasons, which brought a stomach flu for all the kids and myself with it.  My kids are good about making it to the bathroom, and are generally 'easier' when they're sick - they hang out on the couch and nap a lot.  But I like to spray all their mattresses and carpets afterwards to eliminate bacteria and help stop the germs from spreading to the next family member.


I'm not trying to complain, this is all just part of being a Mom and taking care of a household.  And I'm very happy that we live in a generation with washers, dryers, dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, and cleaning products to help make my job easier!


Disclosure: I am part of the Lysol Healthy Families Ambassador Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.


2 comments:

JustPam said... #

How old is your little boy? I don't know if I really believe in potty training. Maybe I am just lazy. I waited until my kids wanted to use the potty-usually around three-and it just happened. Good Luck!

Mary said... #

Boys are just harder than girls! I'm totally convienced! I raised 4 girls, and potty training was so easy. Pretty panties, and don't pee on your pretty panties! They pratically trained theirselves. My grandson was so hard to train! It didn't strike home for him until I took him outside and told him to water the tree. He thought it was so funny, that he would hold it to go water the tree. Then we progressed to sink the cheerios. Good luck with the potty training!