May 15, 2012

"a rainbow skirt in all the pretty colours . . ."



This was a request I received from a little girl that we've been taking care of for the past week.  I went through my solid scraps, cut each tier twice the size of the last one, did some gathering and serging, added some elastic . . . and the little fashion designer had her skirt all made.  And she LOVES it!  And I love quick and rewarding projects like this.  And when I checked my blog reader today, I realized there's a SKIRT WEEK going on over at CrafterHours.  I have another skirt in mind for myself next :)


Linking up to Fabric Tuesday.

8 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said... #

A gorgeous little skirt!!!

Deb said... #

tutorial please!!!!!!!

my 2 year old is OBSESSED with wearing her "beena" (translation: ballerina dress).

I have never gathered before... please help!!!!

**nicke... said... #

this is soooo cute! i bet she does love it so so much!

Sue said... #

Super cute! :)

Mary said... #

How precious!!!Your so sweet to make this for her!

Linda said... #

Adorable!! Great job!!

Vesuviusmama said... #

Lovely! I made one of these circle skirts in patchwork a while back, and am in the process of making another for my sister. So fun!

Emily said... #

Beautiful skirt! I totally want one. :) (and I'm sure my daughter would too if she was sitting here with me right now).