April 11, 2012

Cutting out my quilt . . .

After a fun Easter long-weekend, and some gorgeous weather we've been having that's kept the kids and I outside a lot, I used my little guy's naptime yesterday to get back in my craft room.  I've been wanting to make a king-size quilt for my bed for quite awhile, and finally settled on the Sweet Starlet quilt pattern from Basic Grey and started cutting yesterday.  I have all the diamonds cut out now, and decided to make one change to the pattern - and that's just to use the Half Moon Modern leaves for the outside border instead of making a scrappy one. I'm hoping to get the rest cut out today, except one more fabric that should be arriving this week for the inside border.  So far I'm loving how easy this pattern is to follow, and can't wait to start piecing my star!


3 comments:

AnnieK said... #

Totally in love with your fabric choices...it's going to be lovely!

Alisa said... #

Looking great! Isn't it fun getting into something new?!

**nicke... said... #

i am loving how this is looking so far rebecca!