August 05, 2011

Messenger bag tutorial featured on Sew Mama Sew today!

Last month, I spent some time working on a messenger bag tutorial and submitted it to the Sew Mama Sew Back-to-School feature. And it was posted over there today! I hope it inspires some other crafters to make some. I have plans to make a second one for my oldest daughter in some laminate fabric.
I also modified the dimensions to make a matching lunch bag. I lined it with some PUL so it's also waterproof.
This messenger bag has barely left my little girls side and it even came camping with us last week. I love it when my girls use (and sometimes abuse) things I've made for them, it keeps me wanting to make more!

8 comments:

Kristy said... #

What a darling set!!! Love your playful fabric too! And congrats and being showcased at SMS too! :)

Alisa said... #

I saw the tutorial, Rebecca. It looks great! And Chantel looks happy with it too.

RobynLouise said... #

Great bag. Off to view the tutorial :).

Jessica said... #

So cute! Congrats on being featured! :)

Jen said... #

It's really cute Rebecca!
You mean I could have seen it in person today? :)

VickiT said... #

I wandered over from Sew Mama Sew to say thank you and am glad now since you've added even more cuteness with the little lunch bag. What a cute idea. Thanks.

Sherri said... #

Hi Rebecca! I came over from SMS. Awesome tutorial! I am going to make one for my kids' teenage babysitter. Could you tell me the finished size, please?

Thank you so much!
Sherri

cmsamcknight(at)comcast(dot)net

Lara said... #

such a cute project!