May 11, 2011

Playing with scraps . . .

I had lots of little scraps left over from my Oma's quilt and wanted to play some more with my 'Diamond is a Girls Best Friend' ruler. So I cut out a bunch of little diamonds and had some fun trying out my first round project. It ended up being about 10" accross, too small for a table topper. So I used some insulated batting and finished it off as a pot holder. I don't have a recipient for this right now, so I'll just enjoy it on my kitchen wall for a little while :)

linking up to Quilt Story.

3 comments:

**nicke... said... #

that is super cute! good work!

Alisa said... #

I like it! Maybe you should join the Potholder Pass next time... :-)

Carol said... #

What a lovely use for those pieces! Did you use a second layer of cotton batting with the insulated? I haven't yet, but I read that it is recommended.

Dropping in from Fabric Tuesday. My link is http://carolburris.com/quilting/chases-quilt/