February 16, 2011

scripture bags . . .

So after finding a little pair of embroidery scissors, I snipped all the threads and had these ready for our school auction. They both sold (yay!) and I just put in a fabric order to make up a bunch more. I think these might make good birthday gifts for little girls too ~ just throw in a roll of candies, a notebook and a pencil.

THANKS to Stephanie for the link to this tutorial. I also used the gathered idea from this tutorial to create the girl one. For the boy one, I just reworked the measurements so it would be side-lying, to look less like a bag and more like a case. I also just ordered new Bibles and books of praise for my girls so I have plans to make matching ones to their Spring dresses. But those will have to wait until after I finish up a few other projects.

3 comments:

Alisa said... #

They look great! Much cleaner with the threads snipped away from the letters.

Did you see if my bibs sold?

Ladybird Ln said... #

Thanks for the nice comment on my BLog, you have so many fun things on your Blog, I love these scripture cases!

ButtonMad said... #

Stunning bags. And your daughters are lucky to be spoilt with such beautiful quilts.