December 22, 2010

my new favorite baby girl quilt . . .

My husband comes from a family of 4 boys and 1 girl. So when we were married, I gained a new sister-in-law, Sue. And since I've been with my hubby for 14 years now (married for 10), Sue and I have had a lot of time to get to know each other over the years. And when she was married last year, we flew with the whole family to the other end of the country to take part in her special day. And when their daughter was born this past Fall, we were SO excited for her and couldn't wait to meet our new little niece. So then when they made plans to fly out for Christmas holidays, we made plans to travel 12 hours to meet them at my in-laws. And then we finally got to meet sweet little Lily and more importantly, see Sue as a Mom for the first time (and she makes a great one!).
This is the quilt I made to welcome Lily's arrival, and it was given during our Christmas gift-opening. The quilt top is made from Riley Blake's Just Dreamy line mixed with some coordinating solids. The backing is Robert Kaufman's Flower Child ~ and it's a beautiful soft minky. I hope that Lily enjoys snuggling with this quilt as much as I enjoyed making it.
I made a similar one with a flannel backing that's listed in the shop.

3 comments:

Unknown said... #

I love it! It is amazing how such a simple design can make such a wonderful quilt!

Lynn

by Daisy said... #

i loved this quilt and the story behind it! little Lilly is very lucky!

Anonymous said... #

I love this quilt - it is so bright and happy - your fabric choice is lovely - I really like the circles and want to give this a try myself.