February 19, 2010

No-sew block swap . . .

Recently, I participated in my first online quilt block swap. I loved that this one was a "sew it yourself" swap since different machines and quilters use slightly different seam allowances. I just got my box of blocks today and a sweet little tissue holder from the host as well. Kathleen definitely went above and beyond with the organizing, and filling in for the blocks that were no-shows. I'm looking forward to sewing up all the beautiful bits of fabrics I received! Here's the block that I contributed, it's called a Twisting Star.

3 comments:

Jeanie said... #

I'm glad that you joined the swap. I really like your block and the fabrics you chose. Have fun putting the blocks you received together!

Sue said... #

Looks like you will be busy for a while. :) Like the fabric that you received. Have fun with it!

Mom A. said... #

Enjoy ... very pretty fabric and I like the colors.