August 14, 2008

Baby Bibs

So there's been so many babies born lately that I started buying gifts instead of making them, simply because I wasn't going to get any of my own sewing done otherwise. But I think it's still nice to include something handmade or if I'm mailing a card to still include a small gift. So I decided to try making some bibs and see if I enjoy it and how long they would take. I used this tutorial for the bibs but wanted to be able to tie them (my little one loves taking them off) so I added strings. I also wanted the project to be quick and avoid handstitiching so I used this tutorial on machine sewing the binding. It worked so well! I even used the same method on a smaller quilt and found it much easier to pin for 20 minutes than hand-stitch for hours. So now I have something new to do with my scraps as I'm sure I'll be making more of these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said... #

They look cute and durable as well.