November 28, 2012

My first quilt finish for Do Good Stitches . . .


This is the first quilt that I hosted for the Joy circle for Do Good Stitches.  We had some family pictures done on Saturday at a beautiful location, so I took this quilt along to snap some pictures while the photographer was busy with my little ones.


The quilt block is called Boxed Strings, and I love how scrappy this quilt is.  It is so fun seeing so many different prints together.


For anyone that is not familiar with Do Good Stitches - it is an online community of quilting bees that make a quilt each month for a charity or someone in need.  You can apply here.


This quilt will be donated to a cancer patient, and I hope it brings them some comfort and warmth during their tremendously difficult struggle.



10 comments:

Hilachas said... #

That quilt is gorgeous and you are so generous to donate it to a cancer patient. I'm going to follow your link to "Do Good Stitches.

Ellie Q said... #

Beautiful! Thanks for the link, too. I've been hearing about Do Good Stitches since May and always wondered how to get into it. Now I know!

Nina said... #

Such a cheery quilt for someone going through a difficult time! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Marian-Lady Face said... #

This is so pretty!! I love it, and I'm sure it will make whoever it goes to smile, which can bring so much joy. Well done, it's gorgeous!!

Alisa said... #

It turned out great, Rebecca! Nice photos too!

Unknown said... #

Wonderful cause and beautiful quilt.

Farm Road Quilts said... #

Love a string quilt! And what a great use for it.

leanne said... #

gorgeous quilt and just love the backing - fabulous colour :)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said... #

I love string quilts and yours is a real beauty. Such wonderful happy colors!

Jenelle said... #

Just beautiful! This will be well loved. :)