November 30, 2012

coordinating room decor . . .

Here is some more pictures of the secret pillow, book holder, and pillow sham that I created for Fabri-Quilt's blogger design ring.  You can enter to win a fat quarter stack of this fabric line here.


My middle daughter has been asking for a secret pillow for SO LONG. I won't be telling her little brother and sister about the secret pocket in the back, and hopefully they don't figure it out.  This will be great for putting her little treasures, and knowing where to find them back.


The pillow sham was made with the chisel die for my GO Baby from Accuquilt.  The bright yellow ruffle on the outer edge is my favorite part.


The last thing I made was a book holder for the wall beside her bed.  This is just meant to hold a couple books that she's currently reading.  It's made from a couple dowels, hooks, and the fabric.  Super easy to make, and she's been using it faithfully.


The secret pillow and pillow sham are going under the Christmas tree, and I'm hoping to make throw pillows for the rest of my kids too.  Less than four weeks until Christmas!

7 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said... #

Very cute projects! I've never seen a book holder like that and it is so clever... I'm thinking about that for my quilting room. Thanks!

Jenniffier said... #

What a fun happy little spot. Everything looks great together.

cla16e said... #

What a lovely blog I've stumbled upon, your things are lovely, I love the red patchwork tubs you've made, I really would like to have a go at making some, I'm new to sewing so would they be hard? Also do you have a tutorial for them please?

Claire.x

Penny Mores said... #

What a lucky little lady to have this beautiful room. Keep up the sewing tradition

pizzaeater said... #

I love your little book holder. I think I will make one or two for my quilting rulers. Are you going to make a tutorial?

sewinglady said... #

I just came across your blog and I love it. You did a wonderful job on the pillow!

Lynette said... #

How clever! I really love the book caddy on the wall.