March 22, 2012

on Spring break . . .

The past two weeks my kids have been off school for Spring break.  We have gone swimming, ice skating, to an indoor-playground, hosted a bunch of girls for my daughters 9-year old birthday party, walked to a friends for lunch, had friends over, hosted some cousins for sleepovers, hosted all my siblings and their kids for a coffee/dessert evening, walked to the park, and gone on lots of bike rides.  And it has all been SO FUN!  And I'm happy to say that I've had the energy for all of this, thanks to my doctor figuring out what's been causing my fatique and stomach problems for the past year and putting me on some medication to fix it.

And today we went for a bike ride to the library and duck pond, came home and everyone except my oldest daughter napped while I read a book, and then one daughter baked a batch of cookies while another daughter made dinner that's smelling wonderful cooking in the oven right now.  So I'm enjoying some freshly baked cookies with a rare afternoon coffee and making a pathetic attempt to catch up on my emails while the kids are all painting some masterpieces on our deck.


And there's only one day left of them all to myself because they're returning to school next week . . . how many days till Summer holidays start?!

4 comments:

**nicke... said... #

two weeks of spring break?! that is great!

needle and nest said... #

I love that you enjoy being around your kids so much. I love it when my daughter has a day or more off from school. We have so much fun together and I enjoy every moment I'm given with my kids!

Katy Cameron said... #

Yay for fab docs figuring things out so you can enjoy life again :o)

Sue said... #

Sounds busy but fun! :)