March 12, 2012

double strip quilt . . .


A very generous friend of mine gave me a bag full of leftover fabric from a double duvet cover she's making for her daughter.  All the fabrics were already in strips and after laying them all out, I realized it was enough for a double quilt top.  And since my oldest daughter was in need of one for her bed, I just sewed all the strips together for one fast quilt.


The fabric line is called Spellbound by Art Gallery Fabrics, and it's a bit of an older line.  I love the colours, perfect for my baby girl that will be nine already next weekend!  And now I'm trying to decide what colour to repaint her room with to match, maybe a purple?  Or the blue?  I'm hoping to pick up some backing for this quilt this week so I can get it quilted and bound.


Linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.

12 comments:

Alisa said... #

I'm so glad it fits! It looks really good.

Grandma G said... #

Oooh... very pretty! Generous friend, indeed!

beaquilter said... #

what a nice friend and it looks great!

**nicke... said... #

that really is awesome and how great that you finished the top sooo quick! i love a quick finish!

Ashley said... #

Looks really nice! I'd say go with purple :)

Melissa said... #

Love it! The colors look so great together!

Sew Dutch said... #

That looks great! I love the colors. I would go with a light purple for the back!

Mrs.Pickles said... #

very pretty

Sue said... #

Love it! :)

barbara woods said... #

what a great use for scraps

Ginette said... #

What a great quilt! I would paint a light blue. Can't wait to see it quilted!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said... #

Good luck with your entries! I say a blue room =)