February 17, 2012

welcoming my new niece . . .

My new niece is expected to arrive anytime, and I finished up her baby quilt this week.  The fabrics are a Japanese line from SevenBerry and I used my diamond ruler to cut out the top.  The bright colours are more my sister-in-laws style, and I love that it's still girly.


For the backing, I used a super-soft fleece with Tinkerbell printed on it.  It should go well with her Tinkerbell-themed nursery.


And here's another 241 tote, it should make a handy diaper bag for shorter outings.  I think the colours suit my sister-in-laws style quite well, and it was fun making this pattern with a totally different look.


Linking up to Finish it up Friday, Sew & Tell Friday, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

18 comments:

harleywife57/ Mickey White said... #

both are very nice ; what a lucky sister and niece !! love tink !

Richard Healey said... #

I love the quilt wonderful colors

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
Make sure you stop by and put your guess in my quilt givaway by guessing my babys B-day or Birth Weight.

Leo said... #

what a lovely flannely soft welcome to the world!

Anonymous said... #

Great set! Bright colors are great for babies! and snuggly soft on the back :)
Whoop Whoop!

Vicki @ DottyJane said... #

What a sweet quilt! The bag is adorable, too:)

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said... #

Super quilt - wish I had one like it for my baby girl. Pastel pink is so ick - love the bright colors on this one. Well done. Love the prints.

diane said... #

Beautiful quilt. Love the colors! And the tinkerbell on the back is a great idea!

Alisa said... #

Both are very nice, Rebecca! I love the navy zipper on the pink fabric. How many 241 totes have you made so far?

Sue Daurio said... #

what a great quilt with the diamonds! Love it.

Katy Cameron said... #

Lucky s-i-l and niece to be!

Dee said... #

What a fantastic quilt...love the colors and pattern you chose! It will make an awesome gift!

Susana Neiger said... #

Awesome! The diamonds look great, and I've had fun backing quilts with fleece, too. The bag looks amazing. Beautiful gifts!

Sarah Craig said... #

I love your quilt! Very unique for a baby quilt - and isn't fleece nice to back them with? We use it a lot in our ministry quilts for babies. And the bag is perfect! Whoop whoop!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said... #

That is an adorable quilt!! Love the fleece backing

Annemart Berendse said... #

I love the bag, and what a great idea to have a diamond ruler! Needed to shop anyway...

Jana said... #

Love that quilt. Your SIL is sure to love both the quilt and that lovely bag.

Elizabeth said... #

Wow! What a fun quilt! And I love the bag too! Those are really thoughtful gifts! Thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Vicki said... #

Adorable!! :)