February 27, 2012

How this #KinderMom is spending Spring Break . . .

Spring break is only a couple weeks away, and I'm starting to think about how to keep my girls entertained when they're home every day.  Last year, we took the kids on a two night stay to the Great Wolf Lodge and the year before we took them on a 12 hour drive to visit friends up north.  This year I'm actually looking forward to an at-home staycation, especially because all my girls get carsick when we go on long drives.


My older girls love to craft and create.  I'm planning to put them to work with my Baby GO from Accuquilt and get my scraps organized.  They love this task, and do a great job.


My oldest daughter will also be having her birthday in the middle of Spring break (they get two weeks off) and so we'll be in birthday planning mode, and I hope to put them in charge of making some decorations for the house, and maybe I'll even be brave and let them make and decorate cupcakes too.


We also plan to have lots of outings - to our local library, the swimming pool, McDonalds playplace, and visiting with friends who also have their kids off school for Spring break.  I also hope to tackle potty-training with my two year old, maybe having his sisters home and encouraging him will help.  He sees the Kinder Surprise eggs on top of the kitchen cupboards and knows that he gets one when he goes.  I told my girls that if he does a 'job' then they all get one, so I'm sure there will be lots of encouragement for him!



You can check out the KINDER Canada Facebook page for a peek at the 2012 toy collection, great conversation, and exclusive monthly contests through the My Kinder Moments application. You could even win $500 towards the ultimate staycation!


Disclosure: I’m part of the Kinder® Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

6 comments:

Heather D. said... #

We're looking forward to spring break too, in particular because my husband is a teacher at our kids' school so he gets the 2 weeks off too! YAY!

RE: carsickness, I get carsick really bad and so does our oldest son, though not quite as bad as me, thankfully! We did a roadtrip to California last summer and gave Sea Bands a try, and they really worked! No drugs, which meant I wasn't feeling groggy the whole time. We used them for the drive, as well as at Disneyland for roller coasters, etc., and I didn't feel sick once. I was a skeptic, but am definitely a convert now and I will not travel without them. I found them at Zellers in the pharmacy on a rack of various things, like where they have ear plugs, pill boxes, etc.

Alisa said... #

Maybe a visit with me should be a part of your plans too! I'd like to go to an indoor playplace at least once too.

Katy Cameron said... #

ROFL, well that's a novel use for a kinder egg :oD Hope the bribery and corruption (oops, sorry, encouragement ;o) ) works!

Debbie said... #

we used to live in canada and love kinder eggs. when we went to visit there over christmas we even got our son some to enjoy.

then someone mentioned they were illegal to bring back into the states... so we had to look it up!

its true!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2011/01/10/man-kinder-surprise-border.html

good thing they didnt check out our car! we were bringing some back with us.

Margaret said... #

Did you visit the Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City Michigan by any chance? I live about an hour south of there. Small world.

Ashley said... #

the rag quilts look great, especially after they got washed. I'll join you one day in a playplace too!