February 07, 2012

a diamond quilt . . .


A little niece is on the way, and so I cut into this stack of fat quarters this week.  My 'diamond is a girls best friend' ruler made for some quick cutting (great price at JoAnn's with their coupon).  And the piecing got done while my little guy napped yesterday.


The fabric was at a local quilt shop and it's a Japanese line from a company called Sevenberry,  I haven't been able to find it anywhere online.  They had a sample quilt done up with it in their shop and it was so vibrant, and had such a nice feel to it, that I knew it would make a great little quilt.  I'm off to the fabric store today to pick out some backing.


Linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.

9 comments:

Doll in the Looking Glass said... #

Love the colorful fabric. This made a very happy looking quilt for your special niece on the way. She will love cuddling with it.

Visiting from Fabric Tuesday, Debra

Kristy said... #

Love this! Very fun design and fabric! Can't wait to see the finish!

Mrs.Pickles said... #

very pretty

needle and nest said... #

Such pretty prints. Japanese fabrics are some of my favorites!

Alisa said... #

Have fun at the fabric store! :-) I like the quilt top.

~Niki~ said... #

nice!

Katy Cameron said... #

Love the nice bright colours as opposed to the traditional pastels

Richard Healey said... #

Those are pretty colors I like them.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

Laura lok said... #

Love the design and fabric on this