September 26, 2011

Animal Party quilt top finished . . .

So I used up every last Animal Party scrap and added a scrappy border for this quilt top.  I even had to add in a few scraps that weren't from this line ~ can you tell which ones?  The size is now 52" x 82" and it looks kinda crooked from this camera angle, but I was standing on my kitchen island because it's raining outside.  My four-year old thought I was being dangerous and told me to get down.
My goal for this week is to get it pin basted.  And I'm contemplating how to quilt it, not sure I want to do free motion with this one.  Maybe straight lines, or wavy lines since it's wonky?  I'd love some suggestions :)

12 comments:

Unknown said... #

Maybe wonky straight lines following the squares? It's beautiful!

Ariane said... #

Such a cute quilt for a little one!!! I love the scrappy border!!

**nicke... said... #

do random straight lines wonky all over the quilt. i love it though, it is really really cute rebecca!

Teje Karjalainen said... #

Hello! You have made fantastic quilt! I'm a big fan of all kind animal fabrics and colourful quilts! You have designed this so well!
Wishes from Greece! Teje

ritainalaska said... #

looks good altogether! wonky wavy lines would be good.

Debbie said... #

what a fun quilt! I think the wavy lines sound great with all the movement already going on...

Megan said... #

Cute top! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

Alisa said... #

Looking good, Rebecca!

Toni said... #

Great looking top, Rebecca! Can't wait to see how you finish it!

Sue said... #

Looks fabulous! I think the wavy lines would be cute. :)

trish said... #

What a darling quilt!! :o)
I just love the colors and
patterns you used.
Have a wonderful week.
Sincerely, Trish

Patricia B Studio said... #

Looks great...Hasn't this been a wonderful challenge..Can't wait to check out your finished quilt...