January 26, 2011

WIP Wednesday . . .

So I stopped procrastinating and finished quilting this quilt for my sister, I just need to get the binding hand-stitched to the back.
But before I can do that, I need to finish quilting this beauty. This was made by a cousin and it's her first quilt! She was a little hesitant to quilt it, so I offered. It's a lapsize measuring 60" x 80" (is it just me, or do I make lap quilts really small, because this one seems HUGE!). Having the extra room in my new machine is helping immensely though, and I'm really loving the way it's coming out.

11 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said... #

Both quilts look fantastic! good luck with the quilting, you'll do a great job!

Tanya said... #

You are so nice to quilt other people's quilts for them! A twin sized blanket is 65 inches by 88 inches, so this one is just shy of a twin quilt, but I still think it would look nice on top of a bed. So, yes, it is a large lap. My lap quilts are usually between 50 and 60 inches.

Debbie said... #

I love the little owls :)

I like both quilts... wanna quilt mine? lol

I have just a small Brother (from walmart) and just bought a quilting foot for it - just have to give it a try.

Heather @ Camp Slop said... #

I just discovered your blog today and I'm glad I did. Your quilts are beautiful!

Katie B said... #

I'm with you on lap quilts! A lot of patterns make ones that seem huge to me. Beautiful quilts!

Lee said... #

Modern Meadow is one of my absolute favorite lines, love what you've done with it! It's incredible!

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a wonderful week. : )

Jenniffier said... #

Very nice. They look great.

KristyLou said... #

wow, i love both of those quilts!

A Plain Path said... #

Charming quilts!!!

Christy said... #

Great quilts! That is super nice of you to do the quilting for your cousin.

Anonymous said... #

Okay, like, really, you are so productive. I'm super jealous:-)

All I've done lately is play with my fabric. I need a kick in the rear.