December 07, 2010

new pajamas . . .

My youngest daughter is awful when it comes to getting dressed. She has the most selection by far of my three girls, but sticks to her favorites over and over again. And I can maybe get her into pants once a month, otherwise it's always skirts. The whole concept that the third girl should be the cheapest in clothes? Well that doesn't apply when she refuses to wear 90% of the hand-me downs. She mostly wears the handful of skirts and tops that have been bought just for her. We were having another melt-down over what to wear last week, when I offered to make her something. She was VERY excited by this, and helped pick out the fabrics in the sewing room. I used the Go-To Dress pattern which was super easy, but since I was short on elastic, I finished it off a little differently. We decided it makes a great pajama ~ and my little girl then proceeded to wear it for the next 4 days straight, day and night :)

I'm linking this up with the Pajama Party! on Badlands Quilts.