December 10, 2010

crib bedding set . . .

I was asked to make a crib bedding set, and although I've made lots of quilts, it was my first time making a crib skirt or bumper pads. I used a box pleat style pattern for the skirt, and made the bumper pads in four separate pieces. The fabrics are from Wee Woodland by Moda ~ the quilt used flannels and the other pieces used cottons ~ I LOVE that more designers are releasing their prints in flannels and cottons! And some words of advice: use the advanced google search to find a current discount code before ordering your fabric! I got an extra 20% off at the Fat Quarter Shop just by doing that. The back of the quilt is a beautiful chocolate minky I found half price at my local fabric store ~ I couldn't stop petting it, it's so soft! Well I hope that she enjoys this set, it was a little hard to part with ~ but now I have leftover scraps and a little extra that I ordered to play with :)