March 11, 2008

FABRIC SHOPPING!

Since the time change, my older girls have been waaaay off schedule - sleeping late, and staying awake REALLY late at night. So in order to skip their naps today and since it's too rainy to play outside, we made a trip to the fabric store. They did really well - it definitely helped that we were picking out fabric for them.

The girls picked out these pieces for aprons (they're a heavier material so they should hold up well).

I found these coordinating cottons at a great price. I'm hoping to turn them into sundresses with tiered skirts for church this summer.

Then I also picked up these seersucker fabrics for some little boy rompers for baby gifts. I liked these but had something different in mind and was really disappointed with the serious lack of boy prints in our fabric store. I was hoping to find some coordinating prints for a shirt/pant combo. I guess I'll be driving west to some bigger fabric stores to look for that next time.

I also picked up the background fabric needed for Chantel's Lucky Stars quilt. So now all I need is my craft room put back in order so that I can get going on all these projects. I painted it over the weekend and need the new-to-me desk set up and everything organized.

3 comments:

Anonymous said... #

Sweet fabrics! I like your fabric header too, looks awesome.

Anonymous said... #

never mind going west...lol, you gotta go down south:)
Jen

Anonymous said... #

Nice fabric! Do you have enough free time Becca?