January 23, 2015

doll beds and quilts finished . . .


For this past Christmas, my husband and I put in a combined effort for the girls' gifts. He made doll beds for the three of them, and I made the mattresses and mini twister quilts. The girls love them, and they each got to paint them in their choice of color.


The fabric for the mattresses is a heavier weight cotton from my local quilt shop. I used a layer of batting and a thick cardboard, used a spray adhesive to put all the layers together, and wrapped the fabric around the back and used a pretty duct tape to conceal all the edges.


The quilts were made from some charm packs from Fabric Editions, and the backing is scraps of minky from my stash. The pattern uses the Lil' Twister ruler, you can read more about it in this post here.

6 comments:

quintuplicatemom said... #

So, so cute!

Pieces of Cotton said... #

I have to click off this page quickly, before my daughter sees, but those are adorable!!

Alisa said... #

Such a great gift for your girls. Nice work Brad and Rebecca!

Anonymous said... #

Adorable!

SuperMomNoCape said... #

You and your husband did a great job! I'll bet they get played with a lot.

catherinesewandsew said... #

the doll beds and quilts are both adorable! I wish I had woodworking skills but.........don't..........I did make several doll quilts for my granddaughters dolls, they have little store bought dolly beds but I made mattress, pillow sets with pillowcases. have you made pillows? so fun. the little cases with decorative edge look darling. your girls chose lovely colors for painting their beds!