May 28, 2014

Serendipity Studio Tara Tank Dress...

A few weeks ago, I came across a post from Kay Whitt announcing the first dress in her new Spring sewing patterns collection, the Tara Tank Dress. It really appealed to me, and Kay generously sent me a copy of the pattern to sew one up for myself!


All of her patterns are hard copies, which I prefer when it comes to sewing clothing. She does a great job with detail in her explanations, and the pattern was easy to follow. This dress in particular is a really quick sew because there are no buttons or zippers, just a drawstring tie in the waistband that cinches up. There are a bunch of different length and hem options included in the pattern, a pleated bodice, high waist, and you can choose to go with a full skirt or narrow (I chose narrow).
The fabric I used is a cotton blend from my local fabric store. It appealed to me because of the border print, and it's super light, but not thin enough that it needed lining. I'm looking forward to our rain being replaced with some sunshine so I can sew up a few more of these for the Summer months.


If you'd like to purchase this pattern, you can find it here.

10 comments:

Ginger said... #

Your dress looks great!

Alisa said... #

Wow, it looks really good, Rebecca! Nice work!

Shari said... #

Wow looks good :)Makes me want to learn to sew :P

Leanne O said... #

It's beautiful, Rebecca!! Looks like it will be a super comfy, make lots more like it summer staple!

Larri said... #

Very nice!
I suspect this will be your go-to summer dress as it looks incredibly comfy & breezy.
Visiting from SewCanShe's SOS. Happy Sewing!

Roslyn said... #

Stunning fabric and such a perfect style for summer!

Julie Cefalu said... #

You had me at no buttons and no zipper! Really cute dress. Thanks for showing it to us.
Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

the gathering girls said... #

such an adorable dress, I love her patterns!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said... #

wow... Rebecca!! the bag and doll are so cute, but I love your dress

DangAndBlast! said... #

Successful review - I'm buying a pattern! Looks great. I'll have to remember to use exciting fabric like you did!