May 17, 2013

bee quilt in progress . . .

I was hoping to have the new Fabri-Quilt tutorial ready to post today, but will be aiming for Monday instead.  I do have something fun to share - these lovely quilt blocks that keep arriving in my mailbox.  These are for our latest quilt from the Joy circle of Do Good Stitches.  Didn't all these women do a fabulous job?  The backing fabric also arrived in the mail - it's a 60" wide from Wholeport.com and it goes great with the color scheme.


Life has been busy and consuming lately - a new full-time babysitting job of a one-year old has me more tired than usual, and also more in a routine of housework, cuddling on the couch with little ones, and having afternoon siestas to help catch up on energy.  I've also found myself emotionally distracted by things in the media like the search and loss of a father, the loss of two parents (one a prominent woman in the online crafting community), and this unthinkable crime.  I'm ready to cut myself off from the news for a few days and make some memories with my family instead.  Wishing you and your loved ones a safe and happy weekend!

6 comments:

Sewing Mom said... #

Your quilt is lovely, Rebecca...sounds like you're very busy too!

I don't really watch the news, because it is depressing. Wouldn't it be great to see the media focus on as many uplifting stories as they do negative, to balance everything?

Average Quilter said... #

I really like this quilt. I like geometrics

Karen said... #

Lovely block design, does it have a name or a tutorial? Well done to your talented bee ladies :o)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said... #

I Love this!

charlotte said... #

Lovely quilt taking shape there. You know, I don't watch the news at all anymore and only occasionally read it on line. It's just too depressing. Focus on family and sewing keeps me going in the right direction.

Unknown said... #

Sue said,
Absolutely love everything about this quilt! :)