February 26, 2013

WIP Wednesday . . .

I've had a stack of blue and yellow fat quarters sitting around waiting for a quilt pattern for a long time.  My original plan was to make an HST quilt, but after doing some smaller projects with half-square triangles lately - I just couldn't see myself squaring up every block for an entire quilt and enjoying it.


Then a couple days ago, I came across the Orbit Quilt-Along.  I began cutting that day, and by the next night I had all the pieces ready to be sewn into rows.


So even though I have two other quilts waiting to be quilted right now, another quilt has been started.  At least it's giving my neck and shoulders a break - I've been seeing a chiropractor and massage therapist again lately because everything has been so tight, apparently that's quite common with quilters?  Or maybe I should stop picking up my three year old.


Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

7 comments:

Sewing Mom said... #

Wow, Rebecca, that looks great!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said... #

Oh I just love this one!

Patchwork Mill, Maria said... #

This quilt will be beautiful!

Heather D. said... #

It looks wonderful Rebecca. I agree about HSTs. I have made some HST quilts and it's definitely not my favourite thing! I do love how they look and how versatile they are, but making them is a pain. :)

Anonymous said... #

It looks wonderful! So glad to have you sewing along. Thank you again for being my unplanned pattern editor! :)

Unknown said... #

Sue said:
Looks great! Love the colours! :)

Amy said... #

looks great!