November 02, 2012

it's Fall . . .


Getting my girls off to school in the dark this morning, the realization that Summer is officially behind us became suddenly clear.  We turned on our furnace a couple weeks ago, and I find myself in my fuzzy slippers daily now.  Pumpkin Patch fieldtrips are already done for the year, baking has become a regular activity around here, and this weekend we'll get to enjoy an extra hour of sleep.


My kids are settled into the new school year, often with inside recesses because of the rain.  The apple pies have been made, and fundraisers for Christmas have already begun.  Another flyer that came home from school was for the Germ Detectives program from Lysol®, reminding us that cold and flu season is upon us. This program reinforces healthy habits like hand-washing and knowing how germs are spread.  Let's hope it makes for less sick days this year and less laundry for this mama!


Disclosure: I am part of the Lysol® Healthy Families Ambassador Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

1 comment:

DangAndBlast! said... #

Heh- I assume licking the cookies isn't Lysol approved :-)