April 08, 2011

Miss Madeline dress . . .

I've made several dresses from the Handmade Dress, but this was my first time using this pattern. It was probably one of the quickest dresses I've ever made, and perfect for the beautiful weather we've been having. I see lots more Spring and Summer dresses making their way to my sewing to-do list . . .and this top is the result of cutting off the bottom of a t-shirt that had a big stain on it, and adding the cotton fabric. I didn't use gathering threads, just fed it through the machine quicker than the t-shirt ~ wow, did that save a lot of time!

4 comments:

Alisa said... #

Alyssa's dress is very cute. Is that one of the matching six you are making?

Susan said... #

The dress, top, and little girl are all just so cute! Beautiful work!

Sarah Craig said... #

How cute! And the dresses aren't bad either!! What a lovely smile.... Whoop whoop!!

greelyrita said... #

Here I am ditto'ing Sarah again. This keeps happening this week. Who's able to take their eyes off those cute faces to see dresses?