September 08, 2009

a lap quilt and matching table topper . . .

Well since I have no baby news to post about, and the kids got rushed out the door so quick this morning that I don't have back-to-school pics yet either, I thought I'd post a sewing project. This is a project I finished up some time ago - they were a (belated) wedding gift and house-warming gift for my brother and my sister-in-law. It's the same block repeated, just placed at different angles. I loved working with the orange and black - something a little different and fun. And making the quilt all over again in miniature for the table topper used up all the little leftover scraps nicely. I'd love to do this pattern again in a totally different color theme and maybe try some flower appliques or something on some of the blocks.

2 comments:

Sue said... #

Nice idea to use the scraps for the table topper....our table is pretty bare....:) hehe

Teresa said... #

Hmmm. I was thinking this morning you will have to change the name of your blog :)