June 03, 2009

dolly stuff . . .

So I have been having way too much fun sewing this morning. I brought my sewing machine and iron upstairs so I could sew in the air conditioned part of the house and not trip a breaker (for some reason my sewing room is on the same breaker as our air conditioner even though they're on total opposite corners of the house). Then the girls got in swimsuits and played outside for hours (I'm loving this weather!) while I got to play with some of my favorite fabrics - mostly ginger blossom. I made a little dolly diaper bag and matching dolly change pad for a little girls birthday party tomorrow. It was much more fun than taking the girls shopping! I have a pack of preemie diapers and I'll put in a handful to complete the gift - hopefully the birthday girl loves it as much as my girls do!

(here's a close-up of the bag. Inspired by Heather Bailey's book bags in the May 2008 issue of Home Companion).

4 comments:

Irma said... #

What a cool idea! I'm sure the birthday girl would love it...I know my girls would too! (-:

Sue said... #

Sooo super cute! You have the best ideas for gifts! :)

Anonymous said... #

Great job on everything!
shari

cathy said... #

My goodness those are absolutely beautiful!

(Hi Irma :D )